Follow billgraziano on Twitter

Consulting

SQL Server

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!

What a night!  Mario Chalmers hits a last second three to send the game into overtime and KU rolls from there.  Twenty years ago when KU won their last national championship I was at KU.  I just had to head down to Lawrence and enjoy the party again.  These pictures are from downtown Lawrence.  They had 5-6 blocks cordoned off and it was wall to wall people.  What a fantastic night!

MiscPics-0415 MiscPics-0428 MiscPics-0430

That's me in front with a buddy from high school and his son.  And various crowd shots.  There were so many people.  Just amazing!

Print | posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2008 7:08 AM | Filed Under [ Miscellaneous ]

# re: ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!

No kidding - what a game! It would have been great to be in Lawrence, but even people here in Kansas City got outside in our neighborhood and started whooping and hollering. What a great season!
4/8/2008 9:12 AM | Dwain

# re: ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!

I am a KSU fan as a graduate of Kansas State, but I was super excited when KU won last night! I am still smiling.
4/8/2008 6:04 PM | Fervent Coder

# re: ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!

It was nice to see Kansas have success on a last second shot.

My brother was at the famous (infamous) game in Lubbock in 1966 against Texas Western where Jo Jo White was called out of bounds after hitting what would have been the winning last second shot. Of course, he swears to this day that the ref blew the call.

4/9/2008 2:08 PM | Michael Valentine Jones

# re: ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!

Congratulations Kansas. As a Tar Heel fan, I was disappointed that UNC was not in the championship game. I have to admit that Kansas had a great team this year, and was a deserving champion. The final game was very dramatic and rewarding to watch. Funny, how KU barely survived their elite 8 matchup with Davidson to advance to the Final 4. Maybe that was their wakeup call. Hats off to KU.
4/10/2008 9:46 AM | Nils Brubaker from Chapel Hill

# re: ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!

CONGRATULATIONS KU. I am a ku fan and always will be great job in this year's season.
6/3/2008 5:09 PM | bri