Joe Webb

Musing and observations about SQL Server, other technogies, and sometimes just life in general

This blog has moved!

Click here for the new location.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Search this Blog

About me

SQLTeach - Writing better queries presentation

Here's a presentation that I gave yesterday afternoon at DevTeach/SQLTeach. It's called Tips & Tricks for Writing Better Queries. It's very similar to the presentation I gave a month or so ago at the Nashville SQL Server User Group meeting.

To everyone who attended the session - thanks for spending a part of your day with me. I hope it was worth your while. Please feel free to email me if you have any additional questions or comments. And please remember to login to your SQLTeach account and submit your session evals.

Cheers!

Joe
kick it on DotNetKicks.com

Print | posted on Thursday, May 15, 2008 9:37 AM | Filed Under [ T-SQL Current Events Community ]

# re: SQLTeach - Writing better queries presentation

The links do not work - javascript: void(0);/*###*/
5/15/2008 3:55 PM | GregD

# re: SQLTeach - Writing better queries presentation

javascript:void(0);/*1210861996453*/, javascript:void(0);/*1210862028980*/ and javascript:void(0);/*1210862076845*/? How do I proceed to to reach the presentation?
5/15/2008 4:52 PM | Luciano Evaristo Guerche

# re: SQLTeach - Writing better queries presentation

Oops! I'm not sure how that happened. I should have doubled checked the links after posting.

I've updated the post to fix the problem.

Thanks for letting me know.

Joe
5/15/2008 8:15 PM | Joe Webb

# re: SQLTeach - Writing better queries presentation

So that's why execution plans made little sense to me I was reading them left to right instead of right to left. Thanks for clarifiy that!

I found your "Avoid Select * " statement somewhat ironic since the "Understanding Executation Plans" shows Select * :)
5/16/2008 6:38 AM | Zack Jones

# re: SQLTeach - Writing better queries presentation

Can you save the presentation in other than Office 2007?
5/18/2008 5:30 PM | lorne schachter

# re: SQLTeach - Writing better queries presentation

I've got the presentation in a VPC. I'll convert it the next time I boot it up. In the meantime, here's a link to a pptx viewer that will allow you to view the presentation. You'll probably need the viewer at some point in the future anyway.

Cheers!

Joe
5/19/2008 10:05 AM | Joe Webb

# re: SQLTeach - Writing better queries presentation

thanks for all...
5/21/2008 10:36 AM | SEO

# re: SQLTeach - Writing better queries presentation

snow boots | columbia sportswear | columbia sportswear outlet | cheap north face jackets | the north face outlet | mac makeup | cheap makeup
10/19/2010 4:27 AM | fur boots

# re: SQLTeach - Writing better queries presentation

This super video converter for mac is developed by Emicsoft Studio, it is currently the best video converter running under Mac os x, comparied by isqunite, Visualhub and other Video Converter for Mac Free video converter for Mac, This video converter for Mac is more stable in converting video files and support more video formats.(even HD videos, such TR, TP, TRP, M2TS). The only shortback of
10/26/2010 1:25 AM | hanly