Today, Sunday, was really Day 0 of the PASS 2003 Community Summit here in Seattle. The only thing going on for the convention today was that the registration desk was open for those who were here early and wanted to get checked in. I picked up my stuff just a couple of hours ago. Here's what I got:
- Black backpack embroidered with PASS, HP, and Microsoft SQL Server 2000 logos. Has a padded pocket to carry your laptop (hope my big Dell Inspiron with 15" screen will fit).
- White D-ring binder with PASS 2003 Community Summit stamped on the front. This should be very useful if all of the speaker handouts are 3-hole punched. Last year I was carrying around stacks and stacks of papers. I think this will be better.
- Miscellaneous ads for vendors urging me to stop by their booth in the exhibit hall to pick up a free T-shirt "while supplies last".
- A CD from Computer Associates labeled Unicenter Database Management. Says it contains some trial software, posters and a reference guide. I think I got one of these last year too. Never did anything with it. Not sure what this is good for.
- November 2003 issue of SQL Server Professional from Pinnacle Publishing.
- A ticket for a free beverage at Wednesday night's Exhibitor Reception. Snacks and drinks were nice last year and this was the first time (but not the last) that I went into the Exhibit Hall. Didn't know enough people there at that time to make value out of mingling, but free food and drink is always a good thing.
- A ticket for a complimentary copy of Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition. HEY! Now that's not bad. I think this retails for a whole lot more than the conference cost. I don't have a big need for it right now, but I might. Not gonna turn it down, that's for sure. I wonder if it's legal to re-sell it? Probably not. (Wow, just noticed the disclaimer: This offer expires Thursday, 11/13 at 2pm. Good thing I'm going on Wednesday.
posted @ Sunday, November 09, 2003 8:39 PM