I Passed the SQL Server 2005 MCP 70-431: Implementation and Maintainance Exam

So as of today i'm a proud member of the MCP club :)

The exam wasn't that hard. I had 35 "Pick a correct answer" questions and 15 simulations.

The simulations threw me off a bit because i didn't expect them.

So you have to be comfortable with T-SQL syntax and Management Studio alike.

Knowing what all of the little buttons and options do helps :)

The tools i used for learning are SQL Server Books Online and

EXAM CRAM: MCTS 70-431: Implementing and Maintaining Microsoft® SQL Server 2005

I've read some more books but they were really not needed to pass this exam.

I'll post my reviews of all the books in the following days.

Print | posted on Thursday, May 10, 2007 12:21 PM | Filed Under [ SQL Server Misc ]

# re: I Passed the SQL Server 2005 MCP 70-431: Implementation and Maintainance Exam

Congratulations sir! You are very very smart man.
5/10/2007 2:54 PM | khaled

Congrats...welcome to the MCP club... :)
5/10/2007 4:22 PM | Bojan Vrhovnik

Congratulations Spirit !!

Excellent work!

Now you have official proof of the SQL Server knowledge...and shows that you are equally good at certs as you are at SQLTeam.
5/10/2007 8:30 PM | Harsh Athalye

thanx all!
5/11/2007 8:58 PM | Mladen

Hi Malden:

I am going to take the same exam next month.
Could you please kindly explain to me what simulation question is ? Is it a mulitple choice?

Your answer will be greately appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vivien
5/21/2007 3:19 AM | Vivien

Hi! Congratulation for your success. Can you please gove some links and URLs of the questions which are available free in internet? If you have any of the questions with you, I would be grateful if I could get those...
9/4/2007 1:08 PM | Manish Khanal

i don't have any.
the exam cram book has 2 practice tests which you can take.
9/4/2007 1:33 PM | Mladen

i want the best book to pass mcp exam
6/18/2008 5:03 PM | amit tiwari

you can see which one i used in the post.
6/18/2008 5:11 PM | Mladen

Hi, I wanted to take the SQL Server 2005 70 - 441 and 70 - 443 exam. Please guide me in this regard. I am awaiting your response. Thanks in advance...

Ramesh.
9/17/2008 6:08 PM | Ramesh

Hi, if you give me your email id, I can contact you personally.

My email id is : rameshu@in.com

Thanks,
Ramesh.
9/18/2008 5:31 PM | Ramesh

what kind of guidance do you seek?
it's pretty simple:
read the book i read and try all of it by yourself to get a feel for it.
that's about it.
9/19/2008 10:15 AM | Mladen

Is anyone interested in earning a few bucks to associate your SQL 70-431 certification with our company to enable us to achieve a particular Microsoft compentency requirement?

Please advise and thanks!

Amy

6/25/2009 7:45 AM | Amy

Hi,

Is this possible to skip simulation test?

Kindly reply me....

Ruba
2/26/2010 11:41 AM | Ruba

no. it's not.
2/26/2010 11:44 AM | Mladen

# Can any body help me out about Mcp sql server exam helpbooks & simulation question

Hi, if you give me your email id, I can contact you personally.
My email id is : deepakchaubey07@gmail.com