We all heard about the Chuck Norris Facts, right?
Well if you're a fan of security you have to be familiar with Bruce Schneier and his excellent blog.
What I didn't know is that he also has a collection of facts!
Just how cool is that???
Here are some I found funny:
- For Bruce Schneier, SHA-1 is merely a compression algorithm.
- Bruce Schneier once compressed a single bit of information to half its size.
- Bruce Schneier doesn't need backups because his hard drive knows that failure is not an option.
- Bruce Schneier shaves with Occam's razor.
- Bruce Schneier knows the last digit of pi. He won't say it because it's considered a matter of national security.
- Setting SSID of an open Wi-Fi network to "bruceschneier" makes it completely secure.
- Santa Clause doesn't know if Bruce Schneier has been good or bad
- When Bruce Schneier observes a quantum particle, it remains in the same state until he has finished observing it.
- When you email Bruce Schneier, you don't need to press "send".
- Deep Blue couldn't beat Kasparov until Schneier pwned it.
Read others here.