SSMS Tools Pack 1.7.5.1 is out! Bug fixes for my international users.

Due to a bug i haven’t anticipated, a whole load of users with non English SSMS couldn’t install the latest SSMS Tools Pack 1.7.

The SSMS Tools Pack 1.7.5.1 fixes this as well as 1 other major bug that was reported and 3 smaller ones.

The feature list hasn’t changed.

You can simply reinstall 1.7.5.1 over the 1.7.0.0.

If you’re still on 1.5 or less then you’ll have to manually uninstall it and install 1.7.5.1.

You can download the new version here.

Hopefully this will bring back joy to everyone :)

Print | posted on Monday, November 02, 2009 6:24 PM | Filed Under [ SQL Server SSMS Tools Pack ]

# re: SSMS Tools Pack 1.7.5.1 is out! Bug fixes for my international users.

You anticipate some bugs? ;-)

Great work Mladen, as always!
11/11/2009 8:58 AM | Peso

# re: SSMS Tools Pack 1.7.5.1 is out! Bug fixes for my international users.

Bugs are always to be anticipated.
and this being my "in my free time" project it's better to give a disclaimer :)
11/11/2009 12:14 PM | Mladen

# re: SSMS Tools Pack 1.7.5.1 is out! Bug fixes for my international users.

I've installed this version (never installed it before) with an administrator account, but when running under an unprivileged user, it fails with the following error:

"""
The Add-in 'SSMS Tools Pack 1.7' failed to load or caused an exception.
Would you like to remove this Add-in?
If you choose yes, you will need to reinstall the Add-in to use it again.

Error Message: Class not registered

Error number: 80040154
"""

I've tried looking for a setup file in .exe format, as suggested in the post in the following link (which seems to resolve the issue for the user), but unfortunately, I can't seem to find it anywhere... I using SSMS 2005, and it's not the express edition.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
3/31/2010 10:02 AM | Gonçalo

# re: SSMS Tools Pack 1.7.5.1 is out! Bug fixes for my international users.

Also, I'm using Windows XP SP3.
3/31/2010 11:26 AM | Gonçalo

# re: SSMS Tools Pack 1.7.5.1 is out! Bug fixes for my international users.

Hi.
This is a bug in the installer. I'll fix it in the next version. For now you'll have to run it under the admin account.
3/31/2010 11:42 AM | Mladen