Multiple Active Result Sets

I've written an article about Multiple Active Result Sets (MARS) and it's published on SQLTeam.com

Multiple Active Result Sets is a new SQL Server 2005 feature that, putting it simply, allows the user to run more than one SQL batch on an open connection at the same time.

More here. kick it on DotNetKicks.com

Print | posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2007 3:10 PM | Filed Under [ .Net SQL Server ]

# re: Multiple Active Result Sets

Ehm, a si ti siguren, da si v "Pre-SQL 2005 era" moral zapreti in odpreti povezavo, da si lahko delal z naslednjim čitalcem (readerjem)? Namreč čisto lepo dela tudi brez tega trika, dovolj je, da je aktiven samo enkrat v istem času.
4/3/2007 6:34 PM | Miha Markic

# re: Multiple Active Result Sets

So, there is life on MARS after all... ;)
4/4/2007 10:05 AM | ML

# re: Multiple Active Result Sets

"samo enkrat v istem času" => "samo eden istočasno"
4/4/2007 10:06 AM | Miha Markic

# re: Multiple Active Result Sets

ej miha a lahko prosim pises komentarje v anglescini?

ja mogoce to ni bil najboljsi primer... bom popravil v 2. delu.
ne mores pa narediti tega:

// meta koda
while (rdr1.Read())
{
rdr2.update
}

in da oba imata isti connection.
4/4/2007 10:23 AM | Mladen

# re: Multiple Active Result Sets

oops, my mistake, don't know why I though to write in slovene.
I was questioning whether one really needs to re-open the connection when dealing with two readers in sequence. Actully you don't need to as long as you don't need two readers at the same time.
No, you can't do the code above (which I never stated btw), nor you can compile it since a reader doesn't have an Update method ;-)
4/4/2007 4:22 PM | Miha Markic

# re: Multiple Active Result Sets

that's why i stated it's a meta code.
you know like descriptive :)))

4/4/2007 4:25 PM | Mladen

# re: Multiple Active Result Sets

Please read this blog post, http://cherupally.blogspot.com/2009/04/imultipleresults-in-linq-not-working-as.html to learn how to read the multiple result sets from database using c# LINQ.
10/15/2009 12:09 PM | Kiran