SSMS Tools Pack 1.8 is out!

This is a release that fixes all known major bugs and most of the minor ones.

The main feature list hasn’t changed.

The only addition is the ability to export and import only SQL snippets.

Before you could only export/import all settings which included the snippets.

You can download the new version here.

Enjoy it!

Print | posted on Monday, May 03, 2010 1:29 PM | Filed Under [ SQL Server SSMS Tools Pack ]

# re: SSMS Tools Pack 1.8 is out!

Thanks for all the work on SSMS Tools. It is a really useful addition to SSMS. People would be very silly not to download it.
5/7/2010 6:36 PM | phil Factor

# re: SSMS Tools Pack 1.8 is out!

Thanx, Phil!
I do what I can time permitting :)
5/7/2010 6:45 PM | Mladen

# re: SSMS Tools Pack 1.8 is out!

I'll also chime and and thank you profusely for SSMS Tools Pack.

One suggestion: for the next release, could you make the installer handle the required uninstall of previous versions? Would save a few minutes and an expletive. :-)
5/7/2010 9:08 PM | Ross Presser

# re: SSMS Tools Pack 1.8 is out!

All releases since 1.8 will have the auto uninstall option.

The reason i added the "Please uninstall by hand" message was because the 1.7 was a per User install which caused problems for some people. This was a bug on my part that i haven't considered.
1.8 and above are all per Machine installs which should work for everyone.

The problem is that the perMachine install can't find the perUser installations of the same program. so you have to manually uninstal it for each user.
Since this is a MSI feature there's nothing i can do about it but put a informational message box.
5/7/2010 9:11 PM | Mladen

# re: SSMS Tools Pack 1.8 is out!

Thanks for the great tool!

Would you mind considering adding a timestamp feature within your stored procedure templates?

Thank you again for all your work!
5/8/2010 11:53 PM | Roman

# re: SSMS Tools Pack 1.8 is out!

@Roman:
I'm thinking about it but doing it brings some problmes i don't have time to deal with yet.
5/9/2010 2:24 PM | Mladen

# re: SSMS Tools Pack 1.8 is out!

Still can't uninstall 1.7.5.1 because i don't have the original setup files. how else can i rip this thing off, so i can install 1.8.1.0?

Thanks!

// Dave
5/20/2010 4:43 PM | Dave

# re: SSMS Tools Pack 1.8 is out!

one way would be for me to send you the 1.7.5.1 installer.
5/20/2010 5:01 PM | Mladen