Follow billgraziano on Twitter

Consulting

SQL Server

Scriptio 0.5.5 and Source Code

I've checked in some minor bug fixes and updated the ClickOnce install for Scriptio (only works with IE).  I also uploaded a fresh copy of the Scriptio source code.  I'm not planning to make any additional updates at this time.  I'm spending all my time working on ClearTrace.  I'm certainly open to hosting this on one of the open source sites but someone else will probably have to take over development.

Update: The ClickOnce installation is out of date and the Scriptio source code and executable are now available on CodePlex.

Print | posted on Tuesday, June 13, 2006 11:02 PM | Filed Under [ Utilities ]

# re: Scriptio 0.5.5 and Source Code

6/15/2006 9:59 AM | Marcello Cracolici

# re: Scriptio 0.5.5 and Source Code

It is nice to have an option to script only Indexes creation scripts. SQL Server 2004 doesn't have this feature.
6/19/2006 2:02 PM | Dinesh (dinesh.pallippurath@26ny

# re: Scriptio 0.5.5 and Source Code

Thanks for making the source available, its a handy tool that addresses some of the glaring gaps in SQL 2005's scripting ability.

My colleagues and I have made some small enhancements that we find useful, and would like to submit to the main branch of code.

As you mentioned previously in your blog, would you publish the source to one of the open source websites, this would allow others to share their enhancements.
7/12/2006 2:56 AM | Richard

# re: Scriptio 0.5.5 and Source Code

Thanks
9/7/2006 11:43 AM | Scott Clements

# re: Scriptio 0.5.5 and Source Code

This a great tool. But the Source code is not the latest. When I run it from the Code, It does not display the "include permissions" checkBox.

Please Update the Source Code.

Thanks
Harish
9/20/2006 1:01 PM | harish Padmasola

# re: Scriptio 0.5.5 and Source Code

Likewise... I have a (simple) change to have the output files get given appropriate file extensions (TAB, VIW, PRC, etc). Where's the best place to send patches?
2/15/2007 10:36 AM | Andrew F

# re: Scriptio 0.5.5 and Source Code

Did it ever go open source? Another feature request: script updatable view triggers
4/25/2007 6:38 AM | Gabriel Garza

# re: Scriptio 0.5.5 and Source Code

4/25/2007 6:38 AM | Gabriel Garza

# re: Scriptio 0.5.5 and Source Code

Could i by any chance take over the developement of this amazing tool? I know a lot about SQL 2005 and SMO applications. I await your quick reply!
7/3/2007 12:09 AM | Constantinos Coudounaris