There’s another update to my little utility to script a SQL Server’s configuration. I use this for two purposes. First, I use it to keep my database mirroring servers up to date. Second, I capture the output in a version control system and keep that for historical reference.
In release 3.0.9 I made the following changes:
- Rewrote the encrypted trigger scripting. It will now list the encrypted triggers in a comment in the table script but can’t actually script them.
- It now scripts any server event notifications.
- You can script a single database using the /scriptdb flag. Please note that it will also script the instance and system databases when it does this.
- It will script any user-defined endpoints. This will capture your mirroring endpoints and more importantly any service broker endpoints.
- It will gracefully skip database mail on the Express Edition.
It still doesn’t support SQL Server 2012. I think that’s the next feature to add though.