I'm working with an app team that is light on TSQL expertise this week and couldn't help but draw a parallel to the 5 stages of grieving. Enjoy.
- Denial: There’s nothing wrong with the code SQL Server has a bug in it. There is a network problem.
- Anger: You’re doing what in your code?! Why on earth are you doing that? That’s crazy.
- Bargaining: Fine you can keep your cursor but let’s speed things up a bit.
- Depression: Ugh, this is so horrible I’m never going to be able to fix all of it.
- Acceptance: Ok, we’re screwed and we know we’re screwed. This is going to hurt…