On Saturday 31st January 2009 at around 14:40 UTC something “historical” happened. Google virtually stopped working. It might as well died. Every single search result was marked with “This site may harm your computer.”. And it redirected you to a warning page. Of course this was probably because of some bug in their harmful content detection software or a failed upgrade or something similar. I doubt it was a virus. It doesn’t really matter why but for an hour I was forced to use Live search. Yahoo was just too much typing in the address bar. :) ...
Comparing result sets
There are times, although not often that you have to compare 2 result sets. This usually happens when you're analyzing data for whatever reason or unit testing a database.
Usual methods include
- using the UNION of both queries because it filters duplicate data and checking if the row counts are the same
- using the EXCEPT if you have SQL Server 2005+
- using NOT EXISTS which is very ugly and not worth it
- using a FULL OUTER JOIN and looking at nulls or some other method I haven't mentioned
- returning result sets to client and comparing...