In 2014, PASS offered a new type of session at their Global Summit event: Speaker Idol
Initiated by Denny Cherry (b
), the concept is:
- To provide an opportunity for community speakers
- Who haven't yet presented a regular session at PASS Summit
- A chance to present to a panel of judges - like American Idol, but without singing. (Sadly. Or not.)
- For a guaranteed regular session at the next PASS Summit!
This is a FANTASTIC idea, and I was fortunate enough to participate that year. And I encourage EVERYONE who is eligible to participate this year and every year they can.
- You get a chance to present at Summit, even if you don't get to the final round
- You are getting free feedback from PASS Summit speakers
- Who know exactly how you feel up on the stage
- Who WANT to see you deliver a full session next year
You can find out more about the 2015 Speaker Idol here:
There is absolutely no downside.
Even if you don't get chosen, I recommend that you attend as many Speaker Idol sessions as you can. The feedback from the judges will help you become a better speaker, and would cost you hundreds of dollars from a professional speaking coach (and may not be as useful since they're probably not a PASS speaker).
What are you waiting for? You can enter using this form:
STOP READING THIS BLOG AND ENTER NOW!