Ramblings of a DBA

Tara Kizer

Search this Blog

Work

Size Comparison Tool

I've been trying to determine what new cell phone I want to get since my current personal one is pretty old.  One of the most important features that I am considering is its size.  I want to get a smartphone, but most are quite bulky.  I've been using this site to compare sizes between the phones that I am interested in.  The top contender right now is the Blackberry Pearl

You just need to know the dimensions of the product to be able to use the tool.

Print | posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 12:33 PM | Filed Under [ Other ]

# re: Size Comparison Tool

Not sure what service you use but you might consider the Cingular 8525 aka HTC Hermes. It runs the full windows mobile, has a decent sized touch screen, and a nice slider keyboard. It is not that much bigger than the Pearl. I've had mine for about 3 weeks and am quite impressed. I use the Good server service for push email. Cheers. -J
1/9/2007 4:26 PM | Jeff

# re: Size Comparison Tool

I currently am with Verizon, but I'm probably switching to Cingular as they've got waaayyyy better phones there.

I'll check it out, thanks!
1/9/2007 4:28 PM | Tara

# re: Size Comparison Tool

what about the new iPhone :).
Its supposed to be the thinnest smart phone out there now. Runs the MAC OS though, you're probably gearing more towards MS / Palm ?
1/9/2007 7:00 PM | Jon

# re: Size Comparison Tool

That's on my list as well. I saw the article about it just today. But it doesn't come out until June. I don't know if I can wait that long.
1/9/2007 7:39 PM | Tara

# re: Size Comparison Tool

I have the iMate SP5 and its an awesome smartphone
1/23/2007 4:50 AM | Pace

# re: Size Comparison Tool

I don't use a smartphone, but during a recent visit to the local Cingular store, I was impressed by the Samsung BlackJack. Small and thin enough to easily slip into a pocket, although according to specs it's not much different in size from the Pearl.

Good luck in your search!
1/25/2007 2:57 PM | Greg