In my initial post here on the SQLTeam site, I mentioned that for the prior three years I had blogged on another site. That blog was almost exclusively dedicated to SQL Server Notification Services.
If you are a regular reader of this new blog, you've undoubtedly noticed that I've broadened the scope to include topics of interest to DBAs, database developers, and general technologists.
As time permits, I'm still attempting to recover the SSNS tutorials and commentary from my prior blog. I'll post what I can recover as it becomes available.
In the meantime, here are a few links to other SSNS-related resources I've written over the years.
- SQL Server Notification Services Architecture - An SQL Server Central article that was adapted from a chapter in The Rational Guide to: SQL Server Notification Services.
- Building Effective SQL Server Notification Applications, part 1 - A Simple-Talk article that provides a step by step path for upgrading to SSNS 2005 from SSNS 2.0
- Building Effective SQL Server Notification Application, part 2 - A Simple-Talk article that discusses what I consider to be the top 10 enhancements in SSNS 2005.
- Creating a Custom Content Formatter for SSNS 2005 - A Simple-Talk article that demonstrates how SSNS can be extended beyond its built-in content formatter.
- SQL Server 2005 Upgrade Technical Reference Guide - One chapter in this 350 page upgrade guide is dedicated to the changes required to upgrade or migrate to SSNS 2005 from SSNS 2.0.